Whether you’re new to wearing glasses or you’ve been seeing the world through spectacle lenses for a lifetime, finding the right comfort level may take some time. Annoying irritations such as pinching behind the ears or on the bridge of your nose, can cause pain and distress throughout the day. Similarly, crooked frames which slip can be an embarrassment. Believe us when we say we get it and understand.
If you can relate to these nuisances, don’t despair, help is at hand. What if we magically revealed some tried and tested tips to make your eyewear more comfortable? Well, we want to help, and we hope the following pointers work wonders.
Remember, this is all just advice. For more serious problems visit your doctor. We’d love to give you medical advice, but we don’t want to lead you in the wrong direction.
- Move the nose pads if they pinch your nose. No one likes a sore nose, so if this is your problem just pull the pads apart from each other gently until you find the right fit.
- Apply baby powder. If you find the skin behind your ear is tender, apply baby powder daily until your skin adapts to the irritation.
- Stay on top of slippage. Simply buy a small screwdriver to tighten the screws on both sides of your frames if they become loose. Natural wax is also a great way to avoid slippage.
- Over-the-ear headphones. Do you love to listen to music during your workout? Or perhaps you need to wear protective ear-protectors at work. Using over-the-ear headphones will ensure you aren’t battling your eyewear for ear time.
- Multipurpose anti-fog spray. The weather can cause havoc for spectacle wearers. Problems such as lenses misting over or being splattered by raindrops can be avoided by investing in a simple anti-fog spray.
Looking for a change? Visit our store where we have a wide selection of designs such as Ro, Happy ‘Tine, Hackers and many more. Depending on your wish list, you can find metal or acetate frames to best suit your comfort level.