All too often people have to decide whether it’s worth it to abandon their contact lenses. Well, with eyewear now becoming more fashionable, I’m here to tell you why it’s a safe bet to go for it.
Wearing glasses instead of contact lenses has become more popular and making the switch can also provide advantages and positive life changes.
But what needs to be answered first is, “How much of a struggle will making the change be, and what will I notice?”
Personally, the first couple days was a challenge. But, with any change there is always an adaption period, especially for your eyes. Below I’ll tell you why I think it’s worth it.
- Improved eye health. Contact lenses cover the cornea, which decreases the oxygen supply to the eye. This can lead to contracting hypoxia which can lead to red eyes and swelling. Wearing glasses will take this risk away.
- More freedom. Have you noticed you need to plan ahead when you wear your contacts? Carrying eye drops everywhere becomes annoying, but necessary. However, there’s no need for this if you are wearing glasses. You’ll enjoy so much more freedom. All you need is a microfibre cleaning cloth and a sturdy glasses case.
- You create your own look. Wearing eyewear helps create your own look. Whether your style is look trendy, classic or bold, the right frame will help express how you present yourself.
- People will remember you more. Contacts make everyone look the same. Wearing glasses allows you to stand out from the crowd. There may be times when you want to leave a memorable impression with someone. Glasses will help you do that.
- Your vision will be better after work. If you spend a lot of time on a computer during your workday, your contacts will often dry out. This could lead to your eyes becoming red and often twitchy. With glasses, you won’t need to worry about any of these problems.