Finding scratches on the surface of your newly acquired lenses can be frustrating.
You think to yourself, “Did I really just spend all this money on something only for them to be ruined in such a short time?”
Well, hope is not lost, we’re going to give you some more tips and tricks to make sure those annoying scratches don’t find a permanent home on your specs.
We hope these suggestions put a smile to your face – and help bring back the confidence you felt when you first purchased your eyewear.
· Hold your eyewear under a fountain of water. Make sure you use cold water. Avoid hot water at all costs – you’ll only cause more damage, and your focal points will never be the same.
· Apply a cream-free cleanser where needed. Cream-free is needed so you don’t do more harm to your specs.
· Use car wax. You don’t need too much – but make sure you apply it using a microfibre cloth.
· Toothpaste. One of the oldest tricks in the book! However, before trying this one, make sure it’s not gel-based or a whitening formula.
· Rubbing alcohol. You’ll also want to use a microfibre cloth for this. Slow and steady wins the race!
Still can’t fix those scratches and ready for something new? Our designs such as Wild Child, You Fancy, or Glitter Bomb will help give you that extra lift you’re looking for.
Like us on our Facebook @Emmeline Eyewear and Instagram pages @Emmelineeywear and subscribe to our blog for future promos and exciting plans.
Back to News